Focus On Scaling Your Nonprofit Organization
At the Law Office of Lakesha D. Holmes, PLLC, Ms. Holmes realizes that leaders of not-for-profit organizations have the finest ideas for making the community a better place, but many do not know how to navigate through state and federal regulations. Compliance is a matter of survival. Attorney Lakesha D. Holmes has the heart and legal knowledge to help you clear the obstacles in your way so your 501(c) 3 can scale to success and maintain accountability. Ms. Holmes is the supportive partner you have been looking for to help and guide you and your nonprofit organization.
Learn More About How An Attorney Can Benefit Your Nonprofit Organization
Forming your nonprofit entity must be done so on a firm foundation. Ms. Holmes will help you start your 501(c) 3 and assist you with ongoing governance matters. She can handle your legal paperwork, such as drafting:
- Budget documents
- IRS addendums
Ms. Holmes provides experienced guidance for selecting your board members and will handle the process from start to finish, from a detailed analysis to determine if your business concept is eligible for 501(c)3 status to helping you complete your IRS 990 tax returns. She forms foundations as well as reinstates revoked organizations. Her formation services also include:
- Obtaining consents from government agencies
- Preparation of IRS Form 1023 – application for recognition of exemption
- Preparation of applications for real property tax exemption
When your organization is facing dissolution, Ms. Holmes provides:
- Structuring and implementation of mergers
- Formation of nonprofit or for-profit subsidiaries or affiliates
- Petitions for judicial or nonjudicial dissolution
Ms. Holmes has extensive experience assisting nonprofit groups with ongoing governance and fundraising. She can help you with matters such as:
- Financial reporting, taxation and controls auditing
- Purchases and leases of real property and business equipment
- Review and revision of committee structure and charters
- Strategic alliances and affiliations, lobbying
- Employment and labor laws
Ms. Holmes can help you avoid other issues such as conflicts of interest.
Get Help Scaling To Success
Contact the Law Office of Lakesha D. Holmes, PLLC, in Baytown for trusted legal advocacy for your nonprofit organization. Whether you are in the dream stage, need to work on compliance or facing dissolution, Ms. Holmes has the experience you need to set you in the right direction to successfully achieve your goals. Call 832-408-6037 or send her an email today to start the journey.